The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2013-06-12

gold6
gold4
gold7
gold8
gold3
gold1
Dress? Vintage, thrifted Shoes? Aldo (here or nude here) Belt and purse? Thrifted

This dress gets a lot of compliments and a lot of questions. It seems that the dress needs a story to it because quite a few people asked me about its history. I might have to make something up about its background because it isn't interesting like this story and all I can say is that I found the hand sewn dress (I believe...) at Talize a few years back.
I did notice in Lucky mag this winter that Marc Jacobs had a dress in a remarkably similar pattern. Now I am not saying that Mr. Jacobs copied me but you know, some credit for my thrifted inspiration would have been nice. He's likely busy though... I'll let it slide this time.
Despite the fact that this is one of my favourite dresses, it's tricky to wear. It's hard to describe why it is tricky exactly, maybe it's a little too sweet and I want things to be slightly tougher? It just hangs in my closet and I berate myself for not taking it out more. I even added it to a board this winter on my Go Chic or Go Home account along with some inspiration pictures, in order to remind myself to wear it more. The board actually worked for most of the items I posted on there, I was inspired to give a few neglected treasures some outside time but this dress just stayed in the closet. It turns out, all the dress needs are some bare legs and my favourite new heels.
Then again, I think bare legs and great shoes solve almost every style dilemma. If it wasn't for the ketchup chips and the maple syrup, I would be a Florida resident by now.

6 comments :

Jennifer said...

I love when designers "copy" me too ;)

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Ladies in Navy said...

absolutely adore your shoes and this dress!
kw ladies in navy

Christine said...

that length dress is perfect on you!
work-it-blog.blogspot.com

Kastles said...

Such a great dress! Clearly Marc copied you :)
<3 Kastles

Amber said...

You find the best treasures!! Love the scenery in the photos here - and you look awesome as always!!!

Amber
fashionflossandlipgloss.blogspot.com

FloySchiller said...

This website online is really a stroll-through for the entire data you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse right here, and you’ll positively uncover it. one piece bikini swimsuit uk