The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-05-23

Snapped. Beach Weekend.

It's always a little amusing how tiring a day at the beach can be. Apparently reading fluffy literature, eating chips and doing a lot of nothing is exhausting. And wonderful.
It was a long weekend in Canada and some lady friends and I rented a cottage along the beach. It was the nicest weather ever and it was wonderful to get away. It was just what the doctor ordered... minus the slight sunburn...

camp2
camp6
camp7
camp1
camp4
camp3
camp5

1. View from the balconey... beach within touching distance. Bliss. 2. Took a quick picture of a flock of birds along the quiet beach in the morning. Later I noticed the interesting effect of curve from the waves... I love good accidental photography.  3. The sign said to watch for turtles... 4. ...So we did. 5. A quick walk to the variety store for toilet paper got side tracked by a garage sale. A dollar and a handful of vintage jewellery later, I still had just enough cash for said toilet paper. 6. A guy spent an entire day at the beach beside us flying a whole parade of huge and rather gaudy kites. It was a source of entertainment to see what would come out of his bag next. The three snakes flown in a line got my vote for best show. 7. Slightly embarrassing to admit this but for some reason I actually packed a pair of heels for this weekend. I never wore them. Beachy (a.k.a. greasy) hair and sandy clothes for the win. 

14 comments :

kendall said...

love this.
love.

looks like you and m-dawg had a lovely weekend.

Secondhand Stella said...

Oooo, sounds like it was the perfect weekend away. I spent the weekend at the beach too... it was so nice.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a awesome weekend!

xoxo
Paula
blush-paula.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! Love the pink and yellow combo here.

Natasha Fatah said...

Really awesome post!
Love these pictures!!

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Sweet Laundry said...

Yes! This Victoria Day long weekend will definitely go down in history as best May long weekend ever. And what a perfect way to spend it than at the cottage. With turtles no less :)

Unknown said...

Eek! That turtle is so cute! And I love your bright outfit! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

Life etc... said...

Looks amazing! Gotta say your instagram pics were making me pretty jealous, can't wait for a getaway of my own :)

Life Etc

ag. said...

When people ask me what I miss most about Ontario after moving out to BC, I always think of cottages! Long weekends just aren't the same out West without cottage weekends away! So jealous of your weekend!

Jessica Broyles said...

Love the turtle!! I love the beach! :)

www.highheelstosneakers.com

From Suns To Moons said...

Did you go to scenic Muskoka? I should hope so.

Jentine said...

From Suns to Moons- nope! We were at Long Point. Pretty close but still seems like a good getaway...

Misia Galka said...

Long Point!! One of the nicest beaches...anywhere!

Anonymous said...

i do not like those snake kites. but i do like the tiny turtle and your polka dot bikini...guuuurrrrl.