The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2010-03-04

#4!

outfit4.2

1+3+6+7+9+2

Some people have commented that a capsule wardrobe seems like a lot of work. Not true I say. In fact it's the opposite. It may take a bit of pre-planning (which admittedly sucks...weekly meal plans and saving for a pair of shoes? boring...) but after that ground work, your outfits are laid out for the week. The only downside is, you can't change your mind. Today I wouldn't have minded switching it up a little. Not that overly ripped jeans (sorry Mom and Dad), plaid and sweatshirts aren't a perfect solution for being casually chic... I just did not try on this outfit beforehand and the sweatshirt has a bit of stretch in it, which kept pulling at the plaid shirt and making it lie funny. And after my big spiel two days ago about 'owning your look', I spent far too much time today tugging my shirt into place and fussing with the layers. Not my favourite look of the week...
Today I went for coffee with the sisters who run The Last Hurrah. Too much fun to talk clothes, cats and blogs. It's weird to discuss blogging in real life. I talk about it with Linda obviously and it does come up in conversation with other friends but sometimes my blog talk seems really...shallow...compared to what others are going through. What's more important? Blogging or the # of months a baby should be breastfed? That's a rhetorical question, I know the answer. Blogging trumps all.

outfit4.1

The close-up pic of this outfit may have bored you, so I'm subjecting you to the cuteness that is Stella. I don't think he was too thrilled to be included but after saving his life, feeding him his special food, scooping his litter and loving him to pieces, you'd think he'd at least pretend to care.

19 comments :

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

You are doing a great job with the capsule and look fantastic. I agree - once it's sorted the capsule makes life so much easier.

Healthy and Homemade said...

Awwwww kitty!! I love this jacket =)

Leah said...

Your jeans are awesome... I love this look. Your kitty is so cute. xoxo

Anonymous said...

You make ripped jeans look good, seriously.

Alex said...

I think it looks great and the layering is lovely. And how cute is Stella?! Awwww.

Linda said...

STELLLLAAAAA! Is a boy, which is amazing.
I like this little thingie you are doing. You should try to do it more often, good way to save money.
I can't even tell you how badly I want to pull out my spring summer clothes!

Christen said...

No lie, you just solved my "what the hell am I going to wear today" issue this morning. After I hop in the shower, I will be wearing this same exact look. Thank you! :)

P.S. Stella is adorable and looks slightly terrified :)

K said...

If you hadn't mentioned that you were doing the capsule challenge, I doubt I would have even noticed. Your looks have all been very unique! I like this one but I get how it could feel different. It's funny how you can stand still for a picture so everything stays in place and looks nice, but start walking around and it all changes.

GFS said...

I am loving this challenge of yours! I would spend half the time trying to figure out combinations.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Stella is like the cutest Muppet-cat ever born.

And this is such a ridiculously cool outfit. I adore the cuffed jeans with those kick-ass boots.

Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

Soooo sooo sooo fabulous!! I love this look! :) And that cat?? ROCKS!

Kendi Lea said...

Those jeans! Those boots! That plaid shirt that I want to steal from you! This outfit brought tears to my eyes. (in a good way of course.)

Blogging trumps breastfeeding any day of the week.

Becky said...

OK. I love your outfit...but the perspective of that photo of Stella is TERRIFYING! Super-huge kitty!

merl said...

prettttttttty sure our cats are brothas from different mothas. My assumption is based purely on his 'main' and face shape, but is he a maincoon?? I adopted Mr Clyde as well, but I'm basically positive he's a purebred.


glitter off. please tell me you aren't backing down MEOW missy...

Secondhand Stella said...

Hi Stella!

I actually like this outfit... I think it is really cute. I also have issues w/ layers sometimes, though. I hate the "bunchy" feeling.

Julia said...

O. M. G. That cat. In love. I am. With your cat.

I love this outfit, even if you think it's a bit bunchy. I know what you mean though -- all the combination trauma could be avoided if only I tried things on beforehand, but I never do....so I'm stuck with a draped weird outfit like the one I wore yesterday.

Anyway, no to breastfeeding. Yes to blog.

xx

Marie said...

Stella is too lovely to care what anyone thinks. I have enjoyed watching the capsule challenge and so want to join in sometime, but it was the planning that is my downfall! It's hard to predict weather enough for me too...
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Kyla said...

Oh, your buddy is cute! There's nothing worse than a fidgety outfit, but this looks so cool! I'm totally going to rip it off.

C said...

Love it! The layering is just perfect!