The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2010-02-25

No Patience

denim2

denim

denim5

denim4

Denim shirt? thrifted
Black denim skinnies? Gap
Belt with fish? thrifted
Jacket? Old Navy (who knew I'd wear this to death...? Not me.)
Pumps?
Socks? Matt's
Fur collar? from a friend's grandmother.

You might as well get used to the black zipper leg skinnies and the denim shirt... I have a feeling they will be re-appearing often.
These are the nude pumps I got a while ago when I was looking for a pair of black ankle boots. Oops... I have visions of tanned legs and pink dresses for these shoes but I couldn't wait for summer, so I had to bust them out. Not my wisest idea... nude leather pumps don't mix well with dingy snow. I brought my red carpet in my bag but that meant I could only go 12 feet from the car to any location. 'Park closer Matt! I can't let my feet touch the ground.' And you thought Mariah Carey was a diva...
It's totally stupid but I have a way harder time posing inside than outside. I was just born to be free, I guess... To relax I posed with my friend Judy. She's wearing this wicked vintage dress I just thrifted. The fit is perfect but the length of the proportions are a bit awkward on me, so I've been pinning up the skirt to see what I could drape out of it to make it more wearable. I just can't do the old hack and hope and cut the hem off this dress. It's a really beautiful, well constructed and likely expensive piece that deserves more than the scissor treatment. We'll see what I come up with... I've still got time before summer.

denim3

And my hair? It's a messy but fun do that I created by doing a french braid from side to side, tucking the end under and pinning in the pieces that threatened to come loose. My hair is finally long enough and obviously damaged enough to hold this style. Damage is the key to some hair styles and I do my part with a little heat styling and some bleaching (Nadine, that's why your hair won't hold, it's too healthy...grab your hairspray and straightener and get some damage pronto!).

29 comments :

Sabrina said...

I love your hair!!! I wish my hair was long enough to do that.

I can't wait to see what you do with the dress

Secondhand Stella said...

Oh Jentine, you are so pretty! Love your hair!

It took me a minute to figure out who your "friend" Judy was. I was like, "I don't see anyone else in these pictures with her... am I missing something?"

Nadine said...

Haha - I love that you answered my question BEFORE I'd even asked it! Straightener? Me? My hair is like a ruler, baby!

Love the fur and denim togehter, as well as your awesome dressing room. And I forgot (!?) to say that your Setting Sun photos are just gobsmackingly beautiful, and the fact that you are sitting on a jetty with your feet on the ice blows my tiny mind . . . Snow and ice are achingly romantic if you don't have them where you live.

Anonymous said...

Oh lady, your hair is GORGEOUS like that!

Holli said...

I've noticed your hair in a few previous posts and was way curious about how you's styled it..thank you for showing us! I love it...and I'm going to try it myself. Awesome outfit, awesome hair, awesome shoes!

amanda said...

love love. great outfit and your hair is fantastic!!

myedit said...

Nadine- don't use the straightener to straighten your hair, just to damage it. Hold it in until you smell the burn... oh yeah. Bad advice...don't listen to me...

Christina said...

I love this look. Thank you for wearing socks with heels!! I love it and some bloggers really bash this trend, which I think is unfair.

Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

This outfit is fabulous! :) I love the nude pumps with the socks!

Julia said...

Love the hair! I have to try it!
xx

FutureLint said...

I love your hair like that and the denim with black skinnies looks so classic and very "off duty model"! Your house looks like a fancy boutique in these shots!

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

The outfit you are wearing is so cute and comfy looking, but I'm pretty obsessed with that dress. What if you took it up at the waist and created a tapered mini with a little bit of a hip bubble? That may sound crazy, but I think that with the very fitted waist it could work well.

Celine said...

You look so pretty in these pics. I love the socks with the pumps, I love those pants, and I always love that shirt. You're a natural inside-poser ;)

Celine

cocojones said...

lovely casual chic outfit - the hair is great too

Sidewalk Chic said...

Your hair is so pretty like that! Love your chic and casual outfit, especially that collar.

- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

AsianCajuns said...

I wish I could do that with my hair - you look gorgeous. The whole outfit is great and your hair totally completes the look.

Raquelita said...

I love your hair! Dingy snow needs to go away!

Ela said...

Love your hair and the black detailing on your nude pumps! Happy weekend to you!

Carly J. Cais said...

Hi Jentine!
Love those nude pumps!
Your blog brings sunshine into my life so I have nominated you for a Sunshine Award. You can get it here:

http://chicsteals.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-received-sunshine-award.html

Thanks for being so inspirational!
xoxo
Carly

http://chicsteals.blogspot.com

jenny said...

How on earth did you do your hair? Even if I followed your instructions, I'd still botch it. I wish I could do that. Aaand way to pull off the denim shirt. It's so cute!! You've given me hope.

The Village Idiot said...

love the look!!! very eclectic!
i love your little dressing room area!!!

Fashion Du Jour said...

I love this post. If you dont mind me asking, what are your sizes? Is that too personal? :-\

C said...

The toe box on those heels is awesome! I love the whole outfit. The details are what make it so great. And your hair looks fab, too!

Kyla said...

LOVE this! Fur makes everything fancier :)

Christen said...

Your hair is so pretty like that! And I can't wait to see these pumps with a hot pink dress and tanned legs. Make me want to wear something similar to dinner tonight... unfortunately, there is still snow outside. Ugh.

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Hi there,
It's not too late to join the Capsule Wardrobe Challenge. It starts March 1st. 10 items, 5 accessories and you are allowed coat, hat, scarf, gloves and functional boots/shoes for those in cooler climes.

Kristin said...

ohhhh your hair!!! Could you make me want mine to grow any faster?! :) It is gorgeous!

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Curly hair works for keeping hairstyles like this in place too. It looks gorgeous, I'm gonna give it a shot. Though I have some short layers going on so I might need to get a little creative.

Kjrsten said...

the hair and the socks! AMAZING!

~Kjrsten
(haveacuteday.blogspot)