The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-11-22

'Tis the Season

holiday6

holiday1

holiday7

holiday2

Jeans? 7 for all Mankind, Winners
Blouse? ?, Winners
Velvet clutch? thrifted
Boots? Modern Vintage, Winners
Lion Belt? antique market


And so begins the holiday season.
We had our first holiday get together this weekend. It was a bit early because organizing a get together in December is a nightmare. Nothing about my look said 'Holiday Festivities' (well, if I had to choose, I would say the lion belt because it's garish and has green eyes) but I did think that November was a little early to bust out my Christmas Tree sweater.
I bought this blouse back in the summer and I pretty much forgot about it. Which is really stupid because it's all drapey and fantastic and it can be shaped into all kinds of different silhouettes. This is why I need to go through my closet.... soon.

But as fantastic as my forgotten blouse was (though the belt was good too), the highlight of this post was supposed to be the pretty ice cream sandwiches I made. I have this dumb complex where I'm convinced that people think I'm frivolous (which I am, so why am I fighting it?... do I need therapy?), so I put in extra effort to show the complexity of my character. However, at 26 years old, I should by now be aware that one of the layers of the onion of my personality is NOT my baking skills. I tend to be very helter-skelter... a pinch of this, a pinch of that... yup, that looks like a cup of flour... Not a good way to bake and the end results are often indicative of this. You have no idea how much I had to focus to follow the recipe exactly this time. And I did... the cookies actually worked out ok but I think I broke my friend's mixer (sorry... I owe you one) and I ruined a whole bunch of cookies when I caught the tray that was falling off the stove. So, I put all this effort in and while the ice cream sandwiches tasted fine, they just didn't look as pretty as I imagined in my mind. And for me, pretty matters... How does cupcakesandcashmere always have her baking look so good? Grrrrrr...

holiday4

Whatever... if you cross your eyes and shake your head back and forth quickly, they don't look so bad...right? I'm going to go cry now...

22 comments :

Rianne said...

you look great! and i love those jeans

Julia said...

Wow, that belt is one of the best things I've ever seen. I would probably want to rip it off you if I saw it in person (that sounds REALLY creepy, but you know what I mean :). As for your baking skills, oh lord, girl, I think they're great! Like you, I tend to throw things together, and since I mostly cook (as opposed to bake) I have a pretty undeserved confidence in the kitchen. Hence, my baked goods always look, ah, underwhelming. And I'm always surprised when they don't turn out, too. That's why I'd rather make dinner and have someone else bring dessert. I hope your party was super fun!

xx

Anonymous said...

Love the drapey blouse---especially with that belt!

Amy said...

What are you talking about? Those look amazing! And so do you :)

Healthy and Homemade said...

Wow you look gorgeous!!

And the sweet treats look really yummy, you did a great job =)

Secondhand Stella said...

Love the belt!

Send an ice cream sandwich my way!!!

Nadine said...

That is the most amazing blouse! And I love it with the rips in the jeans.

You know, I never learned to cook until I had kids.

Kyla said...

If you look that good, there's no need to bake. Trust me.

Marie said...

My baking is pathetic, I will make sure to send you pics so you feel much better. Seriously.
Lovely look altogether, but my face is the amazing belt.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Danielle said...

These look so good! I want one :) Too bad ice cream would melt in the mail....

COME OVER TO THE DARK SIDE... WE HAVE CANDY said...

PERFECT look!!!!

Anonymous said...

love this look. looking chic as always:) and i want one of those sangwiches! sangwich!

Chelsea said...

that drapey blouse is fantastic!!

and you go girl for baking those ice cream sandwiches, I think they look delicious!

Eyeliah said...

ohh, the hooding capabilities are awesome.

Kristin said...

oh my goodness, your clutch is to die for! I just love it....I have never seen one like it!

And I think your ice cream sandwiches look soooo yummy! I have never thought about making my own-great idea!

Linda said...

I think they look delicious.
However I couldn't help but laugh at your first outfit shot...
Sorry you just look so...ah he he he...annndddd hip cock! Werk Werk!
I do love those badass jeans though.
Swooning.

AsianCajuns said...

Wha?? They look so awesomely delicious! If I wasn't so cold right now, I would try to eat them through my computer screen- nom nom nom.
You look gorgeous in that blouse!!! Drapeyness is a wonderful thing. Also, it never occurred to me that my closet is missing a lion belt, but it is! I will not rest until I find something at least as semi-awesome as yours.

Robin said...

The ice cream sandwiches look delicious, but your outfit steals the show. Very, very cool.

Megan Wolf said...

that blouse is killer! so neat, love the pic with the hood part! so much fun with the funky ripped jeans. you look great in this look!

xoxo

thediscerningfashionista.blogspot.com

Wear Necessities said...

Great outfit, esp love the belt and your blog is awesome! - Natalya of Wear Necessities

Christen said...

Very impressed by the ice cream sandwiches. Especially considering I somehow mess up Easy Mac! :) And the outfit is killer. You will wear that belt forever!

Ms. Falcon said...

awesome combination of the drapery blouse and the lion belt. love it!