The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-11-29

Silver Lining

I've been a little MIA in blog world the last few days and I wish I could blame it on a turkey eating induced coma... But no, we're in Canada and the only turkey I've had recently has been courtesy of Subway. Unfortunately, my week was thrown for a loop when I popped by home and found the indoor sprinklers on in our hallway... Except, we don't have ceiling sprinklers, we just had plumbing problems. When you only have one bathroom and the toilet is compromised, it makes for a difficult week. Long story short, we have a new toilet and we need a new ceiling... Boooo... but it could have been a lot worse.

flood5

To make myself feel better I wore something sparkly.

flood4

flood1

flood3

flood2

Skirt? Lux, UO (so old)
Sweater? Michael Kors, Filene's Basement
Boots? Nine West
Clutch? vintage
Belt? Taken from another dress


I got this snakeskin clutch from an older lady at a garage sale for a dime. It's from Eaton's (remember them?) and the lady recalled using this clutch as a young lady. I would never give away a lady's age but if I had to guess, I would say the clutch is at least 60 years old. I love the clutch but I feel a little bad for having it too; this is the kind of thing you give your grand daughter or something. Oh well, the lady was thrilled that I appreciated the clutch, and though I only use it sporadically because it's delicate, I'm sure she would enjoy the fact that I do actually use it.

22 comments :

E said...

Gorgeous skirt! I love the sequin detail!

gina said...

Sorry about your plumbing problems. Glad everything's been fixed. Love the skirt and clutch! Great pictures!

Kyla said...

Plumbing issues SUUUUUCK! I'm so sorry that happened to you - oh, the joys of home ownership!
However, the best revenge on a rebellious toilet is to look fantastic ... and that you do!

Nadine said...

Great photos - I love the skirt/boots/umbrella/raindrops combo. Very chic.

Healthy and Homemade said...

Plumbing problems are the worst! So sorry about that =/

Luckily, you are gorgeous as always! Yay for home improvement? =D

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the plumbing issues! That's the worst. But you look fantastic - I love the details and fit and uneven hemline of that skirt.

Anonymous said...

Whew, that is one stunner of a skirt!

Secondhand Stella said...

Oh no! Sorry about the leak in your house :( Once my fiance clogged the toilet and then left for work and I couldn't get it unstuck so I had to rush to work to use the bathroom... I feel your pain ;)

K.Line said...

That seriously sucks! Hope it's all resolved soon...

Robin said...

Ugh, sorry to hear about your house. Your skirt and clutch are lovely though!

Maz said...

Hello fellow Canadian fashion blogger! (Ok So maybe I am not fully a fashion blogger... I dont really know WHAT category I fit into!) Thank you for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate it! I absolutely love your blog and what you have to say is always fun and entertaining! Consider me a follower... done and done!

Ash
goldleafashley.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

bummer! glad it wasn't worse though. pretty skirt!

Elaine said...

So sorry about the ceiling!! That is horrible. But you're right....it could've been a lot worse. Water does a lot of damage. At least you look amazing! Love the sparkliness(sp?)! Not sure that's a real word... and nicely done on the clutch! You can't beat a vintage clutch for a dime.


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

OMG, that skirt is absolutely gorgeous! I'm so sorry about the bum luck. What a pain!

Academichic said...

ugh, sorry to hear about your ceiling problems! But sparkles do tend to make things better, so good move with that one!

This outfit is gorgeous, as is the photography here! And what a great story about the clutch (I do remember Eatons!), I'm sure the lady was glad that her clutch found such a good home :)

S

Megan Wolf said...

oh man, I am so sorry to hear about that! such a bummer! I hope that everything is getting fixed and its not too much of a problem! and of course wearing something sparkly ALWAYS helps. good thinking fellow fashionista. :) It looks just stunning on you! Its pretty in the most ethereal way, and it pops against the black. these photos are ridiculously interesting, with the umbrella and the sky! love it!

xoxo

thediscerningfashionista.blogspot.com

Linda said...

psst. Thats no reason to not put on a fab outfit. Remember that time in school when I was over and you were washing the dishes in a high waisted skirt and high heels? Put some effort in...and you call yourself a fashion blogger? FAKER!

KIDDING!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous skirt!! You always find the best deals- so jealous of that clutch... and for 10cents...WOW! Nice work!!

xoxo
Amy
thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

ohhhhh no! Plumbing problems are the WORST! So sorry that you are having to deal with that. I love how you put on something sparkly to feel better though! You look fabulous!

C said...

I love how you're defying winter with sequins and bare legs!

Raquelita said...

I'm so sorry about the plumbing problems! The clutch is gorgeous! What a great find!

Christen said...

That sweater is so yummy! I love it!