The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-11-15

Mad for Plaid

plaid3

plaid2

plaid4

plaid1

Jacket? thrifted
Black jeans? h&m
Peep-toe shoes? Next, DSW
Eel-skin clutch? thrifted
Gloves? ?, Winners
Earrings? gifted and made by Linda

Yeah, I know, cheesy title. But very fitting because I am, quite frankly, mad for this plaid jacket. I thrifted it a while ago and after finally drycleaned it and re-attached all the buttons, I've been dying to wear it. I can tell this is a handmade jacket, it actually looks like a school project.... I remember being in school and going crazy on design details too. This trench style jacket has a double collar, shoulder pouffed, 3/4 sleeves, faux flap pockets and of course, a giant bubble hem. And yet, despite the detail overload, it looks really good. I would love to know who made this beauty (which apart from slightly weak buttonholes and loosely sewn on buttons, is actually well constructed) and why did this person ever donate it... I'm obviously glad they did, though. But on the off chance the creator of the jacket is reading this blog then... 'What's up? Thanks for the jacket. You've got skills!'
Aaaaand, once again, I'm putting a little bit of leopard print into this outfit. I firmly believe that as long as it's not combined with copious amounts of cleavage, leopard print goes with almost everything.

ps #1. Thanks to Becky and Alexandra, who both featured my last blazer look on their blogs. Cool beans. I'm very appreciative.

ps#2. Ugh, this hurts... So, local peeps, Value Village and as far as I know, Talize too, are both having their 50% off sales on this Monday. I'm trying to avoid them as part of the shopping ban but you kids go have fun. I'll be at home eating ice cream, don't worry about me...:(

37 comments :

Nadine said...

That jacket is incredibly amazing! I want one!

stilettolover91 said...

I love your jacket & heels!! Great photos!

http://www.hottheels.blogspot.com

liz said...

Wow that jacket is fantastic, lucky you. Those earrings are adorable too :)
www.lizzypunch.blogspot.com

Amy said...

VV in my city is half-off tomorrow too but i don't have time to go. We'll be sad together, don't worry.

Kyla said...

That jacket is f'n awesome.

Marie said...

I adore plaid-can't get enough! Love this jacket, tres cute.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

GFS said...

Every single item is fabulous! I seriously am diggng every item...the gloves, the clutch, the jacket...EVERYthing! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Dylana Suarez said...

Amazing coat!

colormenana.blogspot.com

K said...

Holy cow, that jacket is fabulous! It fits you perfectly too!

Linda said...

Okay this outfit is effin HOT! I luuurve it, your look seximified! OH yeah my mom made you a bow...If I don't see you before I am done your ring and whatnot, expect a package.

C said...

Woah. That jacket is killer. It's probably pretty much perfect, but I'm not sure since I haven't actually worn it. So why don't you just send it my way and I'll let you know.

jenloveskev said...

love those little gloves!
-jenloveskev

Sidewalk Chic said...

What a unique, super-chic find! And the eel clutch is a gorgeous shade.

- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Secondhand Stella said...

I love the jacket! Such a great thrift find! I also love your gloves.

Anonymous said...

Yup, it is settled: your pictures have the most creative backgrounds to them (have i told you this before? Well if I have, it is still true). I love this and I am very impressed that you are standing on the bulldozer in heels!

I think I am going to have to take a trip to Canada in the near future- you always find the greatest things thrifting. Your plaid jacket is beautiful!

xoxo
Amy

thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

I am so coveting that jacket...i mean really...

Taylor Sterling said...

great coat- great outfit! The background is awesome!

Elaine said...

GORGEOUS jacket!!! Is it really handmade??? That's amazing!!! I love the bubble at the bottom!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

You thrifted that jacket?! Everything about it is amazing....the plaid, the bubble hem, the buttons, etc! And I just love how you mixed in the leopard print with the plaid!

Julia said...

I just discovered your blog, through Alexandra (signaturestyles) and I just wanted to say beautiful picture, I love the plaid coat, but I especially love to suitcase in your header photo. where did you find such a beautiful piece?

Anonymous said...

Amazing jacket! And fits you like a dream, like it was made for you.

I agree, leopard print goes with everything. Best "neutral" ever.

Anonymous said...

i am mad for that jacket too! you look awesome..as always:)

K said...

what an awesome jacket! I hope whoever made that is making more awesome things somewhere.

Becky said...

THOSE GLOVES!!! I have been wanting gloves like that for ages...and I'm in love with your fashion meets farm setting photos...GREAT juxtaposition.

Big Dadddy said...

Oh what a find, and i love how you also threw in the leopard print too!

Julia said...

I would KILL for that jacket. Literally. Not you, of course. But someone else? Probably yes.

xx
Julia

Linda said...

PS. I am hosting a giveaway...does that mean I am famous? jk

http://strugglesofacreativemind.blogspot.com/2009/11/happy-100-sponsored-giveaway.html

Academichic said...

I really love this! The bubble hem is amazing and the plaid with the leopard print is pattern mixing at its finest! Swoon! S.

Unknown said...

omg so cute! That bubble jacket and gloves are to die for!

Robin said...

I'm having difficulty figuring out which part of this outfit is my favorite! Great coat.

Anonymous said...

Adore that use of pattern, and the gloves!

E said...

I cannot believe that stunning jacket is THRIFTED! YOu look amazing with that red clutch, too!

Sabrina said...

I want your jacket!!!! I love it and the whole look.

Unknown said...

love the first pic....you look like a chic jet setting woman....just like the pics you see on street style blogs....love the jacket and that purse and those gloves.absolutely fantastic.

Indiana Adams said...

Okay. Pretty sure you look like a famous fashion model in these photos. PERFECTION. That coat's bubble hem is to die for. And those gloves? I just keeled over from GLOVE ENVY.

Adored Austin adores you!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Awesome jacket!

Ms. Falcon said...

wow, amazing jacket!