The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-11-01

I Don't Feel Like Myself

Raise your hand in the air if your stomach hurts from all the candy you have consumed over Halloween weekend...OK, you can out them down, it's a little hard to type with one hand.

The problem is I have no self-control. If the candy is there, I eat it and I don't stop until I'm in pain. That is why I usually have no treats in my house... But it was Halloween and we stocked up because we always have a ton of kids and it's social suicide to run out early, right? Anyways, this year, we only had about 20 kids, I think because of all the panic over the H1N1 flu. So the big, full bowl of candy sat in front of us all weekend and now my stomach hurts but all the candy is gone and with a healthy dinner of chicken and roasted vegetables, I think I'm back on track...

Did you all have a good weekend? I've been checking the blogs and it's funny to see what others have come up with for costumes. I don't think I was crazy creative... I wanted to stick to my no-shopping rule and so I used clothes I already had. For a wee bit I was tempted to go as a fashion blogger... bust out some Acme Tacoma shoes (which I don't have... I'm being theoretical) and spend the night pigeon toed, giving coy-sideways glances (true, right? we all do it... guilty as charged). But the thought of explaining my costume too often killed that idea....
Instead I dressed up as...

halloween1

...Lady Gaga... I know, my creativity is slaying you. It's just that I had bangs cut a while ago and when I style my hair a little differently than usual, it's all Gaga. I wore my sequined leggings because my thighs called me that night and said they wanted to remain covered. I can respect that. Kudos to all the brave peeps who mastered the leotards, though...
I'm glad that it's done because I can grow my bangs out again. I love the way Liz wears her bangs and so inspired, I tried bangs for the 13th time but on me, they never quite look like that and I'm always brushing them out of my face.

halloween3

Halloween 4

The following night I was a mime. A bunch of us went to a local Irish pub and I was worried there would be a herd of Lady Gagas out that night. I saw that Jen went as a mime for Halloween one year and I thought, I can do that! and I punked her idea. Thanks! I had no idea that the make-up would be so tricky though, after messing up royally once, I washed it all off and went with something simpler. I liked how this worked out... I even tried to mime most of the night but there is only so many times that you should give the hand motion for 'I need a drink' so I went back to my good, old trusty words and had conversations. It was a super fun night with lovely friends (some who had pink hair)... However, I need to stop blogging and go to bed, because even with the time change in our favour (how good was that?) I'm still short a few hours...

24 comments :

Christen said...

What a fun idea! I might have to steal the mime idea for next year :)

Glad you had a great Halloween!

GFS said...

I'm still in need of a little sleep after my halloween fiasco. Your costume was great!

C said...

Your mime costume is just adorable. Looks like you did the makeup just right. Oh and I love the fashion blogger idea too! If only more people would get it...

Linda said...

I like the mime better....
When was halloween?
jk. We spent it inside encouraging Paul's fever to go away...it did and he is better...I on the other hand...oh boy

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I love the mime costume.

Dylana Suarez said...

All such cute looks!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Love the mime outfit!

Nadine said...

Wait, you had Halloween twice? What am I missing here? (Sorry, I'm a confused foreigner . . . )

And of course, the usual: how did you do you hair? With the plait?

Anonymous said...

Fun! too bad I didn't get to eat any candy! =(
I didn't even dress up this year - lame, I know.

Anonymous said...

I love the costumes - a mime would be so much fun! I, too, ate way too much candy. I kept buying more, thinking we'd run out in half an hour. Of course that didn't happen. And of course I bought candy I love. Ugh...

Danielle said...

I do that with snacks and candy too! No self control! LOVE your mime costume!

Secondhand Stella said...

I love the mime costume! Such a great idea! I didn't go out this year, but I was def going to wear something already in my closet as well if I did go out.

Anonymous said...

love the mime! oh and i ate three reses peanut butter cups before dinner last night. don't feel bad.

Flashes of Style said...

Cute costumes! Yours is absolutely adorable :)

Invisible G. said...

It strikes me you could have gone wayyy out there with a Lady GaGa get-up.

She really wears daring outfits. :) I like the mime though - cute!

Wanderlusting said...

I have to say I prefer the Mime to Gaga...very sexy Mime :)

I feel bad though - I didn't eat any candy this year! I guess this week is the best time to stock up for cheap though, right?


PS HUGE GIVEAWAY on my BLOG! Win ASOS, MAYBELLINE and DESIGNER THREADS! THREE CHANCES TO WIN!!!!

x0x0 LUSTY

Eyeliah said...

hehe, my hubby was a mime too, he didn't talk! it was nice, lol.

myedit said...

Nadine- the first night it was a birthday party/ costume party and the next night was actual Halloween. Why dress up once when you can dress up twice...
Invisible G and more- I totally liked the mime costume more too. And I agree I could have gone more out there with lady Gaga... but I did have huge rhinstoned lashes and the usual flash of Gaga lightning by my eye... To be honest... it was a low-key party and sequined leggings were shocking enough for some of the crowd...:)

Julia said...

Okay, like anyone with eyes, I think Gaga is f-ing BRILLIANT. Ergo, your costume is also brilliant. I also can't keep bangs. You're awesome.

xx
Julia

Kristin said...

I love your mime costume! It is so creative and stylish!

I too have a self control issue with sweets! My husband HATES that we cannot keep sweets in the house, because I will literally eat to whole think of whatever it is we bought, either on the way home or as soon as we get home from the store! It is ridiculous! haha

Thank you for your well wishes! :)

Academichic said...

Oh boo hoo, poor you, lots of candy, how sad ;)

The mime costume is fabulous and so much potential for fun at a bar with lots of inebriated people...right? And the Lady Gaga is beyond words! Love it! S.

Anonymous said...

Ooh you never cease to amaze me with your creativity!! This Mime costume is absolutely perfect! Oh I am still tired from this weekend and it is Tuesday...LOL

xoxo
Amy

thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

AsianCajuns said...

Ooo I love both of you costumes! Awesome make-up on both! Yeah, I don't think I would've gone Gaga pantless at a bar, but at a few house parties I'm already known as the one with the weird outfits so no one batted a lash (faux or real) ;) Glad you had such an awesome night minus the candy ache!

Marie said...

But if you sell the call with a strike price that is higher than the price you paid for it you would stand to profit from exiting the position anyways. You buy on the speculation that it will increase in value by the time it is built. The Perth Mint, established in 1899, is one of the largest gold refiners in the world, where they fabricate bars and coins that are .999 pure.