The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-11-14

I Am Not!

A typical weekend night sees Matt on the couch watching hockey or 20/20 while I labour over getting ready to go out. When I have the time, I enjoy the process. It's fun to choose an outfit for a night out and spend some extra time on the make-up and hair with a glass of wine in hand. Last night I was finally ready and I came downstairs to tell Matt. But he was immersed in a tv show that he said was all about me. It was commercial break and he made me wait until after the break and watch a documentary type show on... crazy cat ladies. It was actually sad. Some had over 100 cats and sleep on plastic furniture and literally spend their day scooping litter and feeding the herd. I know I love cats and if I were single there would be a good chance I would get more (yes, Matt, I know the deal... three cats is our absolute limit...) but one of the researchers on the program said that what sets a crazy cat lady apart from a lady who just loves cats, is the fact that the crazy cat lady stops taking care of herself. With my high heels on and my freshly made up face, it's clear I haven't stopped taking care of myself. So yeah for me! I'm not a crazy cat lady!

friday2

friday1

friday3

Leather bomber? Zara
Jeans? Diesel, Winners
Hat? h&m
Tee? Fcuk
Fur collar? vintage
Shoes? Steve Madden, Winners
Studded belt? thrifted

I'm sure I could have gone all out for a Friday night but for some reason a soft tee, nice jeans, a leather bomber and some quirky accessories felt just right. I got the fur collar from a friend's grandmother... so that's kinda neat. The hat was $2 at one of h&m's final sales and I can understand why it was left behind so often. It's asymmetrical and sometimes looks a little odd but it's also darn cute.
It was a fun Friday night. And you know you've had a good night when you end up at McDonald's in the early morning hours eating chicken nuggets and fries...

15 comments :

Julia said...

I adore fur collars, & that's the best! You look darling. My husband will not let me have more than three dogs, and I admit that his restraint is good for both of us; otherwise I'd be drowning in dogs, because I'd take in every mutt that crossed my path. Here's to sensible husbands :).

xx

stilettolover91 said...

You look amazing!! I LOVE your outfit!!

http:/www.hottheels.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Are those the same shoes that are in your header? I effing love them!

Secondhand Stella said...

I need to go out more often!

I def would love to see yours and your parent's antique/vintage finds some day! It seems like you all find some great stuff!

kim said...

love the collar!


Clothes Are Cute

Dylana Suarez said...

Love your jacket!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

love what you've done with a simple jeans and tee look.

Ms. Falcon said...

I love the fur collar...

Eyeliah said...

ah yes, a fur collar ;-) That grey hat is super cute too, I have a similar one.

Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

I'm diggin this look! You look fab as always! :)

Christina
fabulousiseverywhere.blogspot.com

Shauna said...

Okay so I was watching the crazy cat lady show also (but I must admit that I did not think of you too often). Hmm, early Saturday morning stops at McDonald's - been there - oh shucks that was with you too!!

Linda said...

Hahahahahahaha! Matt.....so.....funny....ahahhhaahahahaha.

You....crazy....ahahahahah.


p.s. AHAHAHAHA still crying,

p.p.s You are a hot crazy cat lady if that helps...

Academichic said...

So cute! Definitely not cat-lady material in this outfit! I love that that's what it takes to not be a crazy cat lady, so in theory, I could gather a bunch more furry friends and as long as I remember to slap on some lip gloss and mascara, I should be fine! Good to know! S.

i'm B. said...

haha, amen to that!
late-night McD's, that is. you may regret it in the morning, but it sure is worth it at the time!

p.s. not sure how i found it, but i've been loving your for a while now! love your fashionable-meets-accessible style.

i'm B. said...

been loving your BLOG for a while now.

argh.