The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-11-03

Hansel and Gretel

zara5

zara1



zara more

Dress? Zara
Jacket? Braemar, thrifted
Shoes? Steve Madden, DSW
Belt? Michael Kors, Winners
Clutch? Hilary Radley, Style Sense

These pictures have a fairytale quality to them...
Once upon a time Princess Jentine was deep in the forest, and there were Princes lined up to rescue her. However, Princess Jentine was a self-sufficient Princess, who left mini chocolate bars along the trails (mostly Twix and Coffee Crisp) so she could find her own way back and have nourishment along the way. I guess the moral of the story is; who needs a man when you can have a KitKat?
The truth is, autumn around here has put on the most beautiful colour show in years and the leaves are falling gently because the temps are still decent. Everything is carpetted with a soft layer of leaves and looks so magical. I was determined to find the perfect spot to take these pictures, so we went to the Escarpment and I kept wanting to go deeper into the forest to take pictures because the perfect spot was always a little further away. Before we knew it, we were deep into the hiking trails with my floor-length skirt and my high-high heels. And yes... hikers did come by but I just pretended like it was the most natural thing for us to be hanging out on the trails in our Sunday best. All you bloggers understand... it is the most natural thing... when you see a good background, you must strike a pose.

I'm glad I wore my trusty Steve Maddens with this outfit... I was planning on flats, but they looked uninspiring. I do prefer my long hems to be touching the floor but with these heels that was not going to happen. I like it, the high shoes put a whole new spin on the outfit and once again, reminded me that Jentine's Style Rules can be broken (sometimes...). And the dress? I got it years back at the end of season sale at Zara. $20 for a lot of yards of silk... not bad. It was clear that Zara sales people are not on commission when the cashier looked at the dress as I was buying it and said 'How are you ever going to wear all this?'. I wish I could show him now... this is how I wore it.

27 comments :

stilettolover91 said...

I really like these pictures!!! You look gorgeous, and I love your dress!

http://www.hottheels.blogspot.com

gina said...

Great dress, and I really like it with the jacket. Your pictures are fun!

Amy said...

What a ridiculous comment from a sales person! I've only been to Zara once but the salespeople were unfriendly too... hmmm...

Anyway, i love how your pictures are always against such amazing backgrounds! The best i can do unless the bf is around is to use a window sill to prop my camera on and auto-time that shiz.

Taylor Sterling said...

totally beautiful. You and the the dress and the leaves...so lovely!

Nadine said...

Magical. I have always believed the evening gown's natural habitat is the forest.

Academichic said...

Beautiful!!

I love the pattern mix between the belt and the dress, and the jacket is fabulous, as is that clutch purse! This is all so beautiful and the background really does make it look magical. Sigh...the Hamilton Escarpment....font memories...although I never did look that good hiking through it as an awkward 7th grader.

S.

Christen said...

Really really stunning. The dress is gorgeous, so whimsical. The urban details anchor it appropriately and the leopard print adds just the right amount of "wait, what?" Love it! It's perfect.

Linda said...

I like that Braemar blazer...oh Braemar...

Secondhand Stella said...

Aw, you look so pretty! I love the whole outfit!

PS. Yes, the green dress in my pic is vintage. I think prob 1960s.

Anonymous said...

Sumptuous! I do love me a floor-length hemline ... and $20 for real silk anything is a bargain.

Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

I'm loving this entire look! You look awesome! I'm totally jealous!! :)

Becky said...

These pictures look like they're straight out of a fashion magazine! I love how you mixed this voluminous patterned maxi with leopard print and a blazer-I would've never thought to do that, but it looks SO fierce!

Danielle said...

Everything about this is gorgeous! The setting, the dress, the jacket!!

Linda said...

Also...

Dear fabulous clutch,

For some reason Jentine was selfish and decided to buy you with her in mind, instead of me...B*&$@!

Sigh, some day.

Signed

Linda

Julia said...

Hello beautiful! An animal print belt with that? Genius! You look radiant and your backdrop is glorious. I'm so digging the belt, did I mention? And I agree, it's been a beautiful fall.

Much love,
Julia

Kyla said...

This is a gorgeous! Dress, photos ... all of it! And I very much enjoyed your fairy tale. I will definitely be sharing that with my future children :)
I'm so jealous of that belt! I love how you wear it with such unexpected pieces!
Princess Yentine, you rock!

Unknown said...

omg...i was saying the same thing today

this has been the most beautiful fall Hamilton has had in ages! especially when you drive by Chedoke golf course

love your outfit as well...mystical

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

the fall foliage is amazing. and i love the way you've put structured pieces (the blazer and belt) with flowy ones. pretty!

we wear things said...

stunning photos!

Posh said...

Girl, you look lovely! This look suits you perfect, great job!! <3

alexandra said...

wow these pics are GREAT! i wish i had some fun natural settings by my house! you look absolutely FAB and you styled that outfit like a pro!
have a great weekend!

xx,
al

signaturestyles.blogspot.com

K said...

what an awesome dress and such a great deal!

Elaine said...

Um....so basically you look HOT!!!! Totally love this. Especially the accented leopard print belt. You are amazing at putting together thrifted and classic pieces to make one gorgeous outfit.


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Wanderlusting said...

What AMAZING photos - such nice lighting, quality and feel. I'm actually quite gutted that Fall is coming to a slow, painful end :(

Nana Erin said...

GORGEOUS!~

GFS said...

This is such an inspiring look...It makes me look at my summery long dresses again! All I need is a belt and jacket!

Robin said...

You have just made me question all my feelings about maxi dresses. Damn.