The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-09-26

Country Chic

fair m&y


Every year Matt and I go to the fair. One of our first dates was the fair and we've gone back every year since. So, maybe I'm a little too old to take home a ginormous stuffed toy and I don't really like rides (what are the safety standards at fairs anyways...) but I do love my funnel cake and the derby. Besides, it's the one romantic tradition that Matt and I adhere to every year and I kinda like that.
The fair is at a new location this year, so it's different and it takes some getting used to, but it was still fun, with good food and family and seeing way too many people I knew (OK, I feel like a b!tch but sometimes I see people I knew from highschool or the like and pretend I don't to avoid the awkward 'So, how's it going? what are you doing with your life' conversation...I'm horrible). One of our friends was in the derby too and while it didn't go so well for him, we cheered like he was a winner.

Some pics...

fair funnel cake
Hmmm...funnel cake, ie. deep-fried fantastico.
p.s. cool ring eh? From the lovely parents...

fair girl
Matt took pictures of this car in the derby because it had a girl driver and that's cool. Mel B. would be proud... girl power!

fair smoke
Um, yeah... the environment called.

fair outfit
A little outfit shot with a doomed car...
Jeans? Zara
Boots? Gap
Slouched over-the-knee socks? Gap
Plaid button-up? Simon's in Quebec
Soooo soft faux fur vest? thrifted
Scarf? Zara
Purse? Zara

P.S. thanks for all the tips and encouragement for my sequin leggings. I have thrown out the reciept and will debut them soon. Just figured that maybe the fair was not the best place...

15 comments :

Christen said...

What a wonderful tradition - and your skin is AMAZING! What is your secret???

Unknown said...

Hey
a perfect outfit for some outdoor fun. lov ehte plaid shirt with white jeans.

Anonymous said...

you make a gorgeous couple. love your layering. cute vest and i really like it paired with the plaid!

Secondhand Stella said...

I totally avoid people from HS too if I ever happen to run into them. I avoided half the people at my reunion this year actually... whoops.

Very cute fair outfit! I always eat like a maniac at fairs... I love fried dough and pickles.

Unknown said...

My problem is half the people I do meet up with; I don't recognize them. LOL! Love that VEST!

Linda said...

The fair would have been awesome to debut them! LOL!

Megan Wolf said...

I think its adorable that you guys have a tradition like that! Fairs are totally fun, and I agree with you that funnel cake it like heaven. yum. Your outfit here is so much fun. I love that vest! really great post!

xoxo

http://thediscerningfashionista.blogspot.com/

Kristin said...

I love your faux fur vest.....it looks adorable on you!!!

The funnel cake sounds so good right about now!

Taylor Sterling said...

I love your layers!! Love the tradition!!

Anonymous said...

Awe you guys are so cute!! (You are a gorgeous couple btw) I love that you guys have a tradition like that. Your outfit is so incredible cute... I wish I could dress as casual yet stylish as you in this post. So amazing!!

Great post!

xoxo
Amy
thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

U two are so cute together!!

Academichic said...

What a fun tradition! Now I'm excited to see what you do with those sequined leggings. I wouldn't know where to begin... S.

Jilliebeanie said...

GREAT outfit! I'm so glad I found your blog - it's fabulous! I love your style!

Kelly said...

I love the demolition derby!

(p.s. found your blog via academicchic - I can see why she would name you as a daily read!)

MisisD said...

wow,you are a brave woman to wear white pants to the fair. :)